Re: [HACKERS] Kerberos 5 breakage.

От Henry B. Hotz
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Kerberos 5 breakage.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
At 11:46 AM -0700 5/20/98, Matthew N. Dodd wrote:
>On Wed, 20 May 1998, Henry B. Hotz wrote:
>> Can't these be defined as macros the way get/put stuff is done in stdio.h?
>
>Which macros?

I haven't actually looked, but I think it's pretty standard for
getchar/putchar to just do I/O from some local-to-the-program buffers.
Only when they overflow does it become a real system/library call, but they
look like function calls to the C program.

It's also true that you can play games with incremental linking and symbol
table stripping to insert your own wrapper on a system routine, but I would
not recommend that.  It's much too likely to create portability problems.

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Kerberos 5 breakage.
От: "Stupor Genius"
Сообщение: RE: [HACKERS] sorting big tables :(